Saturday, July 18, 2009

Something's Gotta Give

TMI Warning This is a poopy post, and not of the baby variety.

I feel betrayed by my body today. It's 27 C (80 F) out sunny and beautiful and what have I done today? Nothing. I have been housebound all.day.long. Well that's not completely true. I've slept and become one with the toilet. I have IBS and today it decides to kick me in the ass with avegeance.

The shitty part is that my dad is here the weekend helping Eric and i out with Aaron so we could have some much needed alone time. HAHAHA! Eric isn't feeling well. he is all achy and just wants to sleep. I don't know what it is, but every time my dad comes over to gives us a much needed hand someone is sick and our plans get thrown out the window. Right now my dad has Aaron out and about and they're probably hitting up a spray park or something, and I am sitting around waiting for my next date with the potty.

I don't remember my IBS ever being this bad before I had Aaron. I could go to work and make it to the john in time. It's sad to say that we have 2 sizes of diapers in the house and only one is for Aaron. I never in my life depended on Depends before. It's so embarrassing. And no I don't use them out in public, When things are like this I don't leave the house. it's just to get me from whatever room I happen to be in in the house to the bathroom. That's how bad my IBS is at times.

I kind of saw this coming though. I've been having GI issues all week and would get an upset stomach after eating at times which lead me to think that I may a) have celiac or b) and ulcer. I went to see my dr. yesterday and got some blood work done. Now I am just waiting for the results... I think the Fish and Chips we had last night did me in. We got Fish and Ships and went and ate them on the beach. It was nice. We fed our left overs to the crows. Then we went and saw Bruno. Fat is an IBS trigger. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! Today all I have had to eat is half a smoothie (milk based as I thought it may soothe my tummy if I do indeed have an ulcer) and a bowel of rice with a little honey, soy milk and sugar. which is a quick fix in my book Eating for IBS.

Were suppose to go to a friend's place tonight and play board games, which I think we will be able to do. I've maxed out on Imodium and it's doing it's job. all I can say is at least this happened during the day and not at night like last time where I was up until 3am. And good thing my dad is here to keep Aaron occupied while mommy and daddy are feeling like shit. With Eric not feeling well we were just going to go to a lake and sleep under a tree, but that didn't happen thanks to me.

I'm a little miffed with this, as we need to work on us a couple. We've been having some issues that need to be worked on otherwise I don't think were going to make it. But I don't feel like elaborating. One thing that I need to do is change.

I've got many things I'd like to work on. My health, my procrastination, my lack of keeping a clean house.

I'd like to change my diet. Obviously, with the IBS. I've thought of going organic or vegan or both for a week to heal my body or I've considered as juice fast which is suppose to cleanse your body. And by juice fast I mean juicing my own fruits and veggies in my juicer. it takes all the fiber out of the fruits, which is one less thing your body needs to digest aiding in healing your body. It is better explained here I am a little reserved about a juice fast as fruit juices can trigger IBS especially green veggies. Ugh. There are two types of fiber soluble (can dissolved in water) and insoluble fiber. (can't be dissolved) Insoluble fiber is considered rough and can aggravate the intestines and increased pain and diarrhea attacks...

Are yous till reading? i have no idea why I got onto IBS details. All I know is that I need to make a change. I think I will lay off the IBS triggers eat some recipes out of my book and make an apt with a naturalpath, and continue exercising when I can.

No comments: