Monday, August 29, 2011

When Was The Last Time?

The last time you bought a CD? I do. It was 4 years and 2 months ago. Only 2 days ago that is. I only remember because I bought 2 CD's at Wal-Mart in Port Angeles on my way down to Portland to meet up with Eric for Fleet Week. (This weekend will always stand out in my mind as it was the weekend that we decided that I would go off the pill and we would start trying to conceive.)

I bought 2 Cd's on that trip. One I can't remember for the life of me. The other was Trace Adkins Dangerous Man. That CD has lived in my car for the last 4 years. I don't know what it is about him and his music but I just love him. Swing really just puts me in a good mood and gets me upbeat. I love driving down the highway blasting his music.

Two days ago I bought my first CD in 4 years. I bought Trace Adkins Proud to Be Here. Wow. I can relate to the lyrics to most of the songs on this album. I don't know what it is about him but he seems to be on every TV show I randomly throw on or on the radio co-hosting something or another.

I can't really articulate what I want to say about Trace Adkins and what his music really means to me. I've been trying to write this post for 2 days now this is the only time I have had to sit down and write this. I have been busy, busy busy.

My most important role during Eric's deployment being the sole parent is to be there for Aaron and to address his needs/tantrums/OCD as they come and to remain calm. Parenting an autistic child certainly presents it's challenges. Most days are okay, but some days he will just get something in this head and will not let it go. And I need to remain calm as to not add fuel to his fire.

Shortly after Eric left I had to go on Zoloft. I was losing patience with Aaron and it wasn't fare to him. I've had to wean myself off of it as I started to feel tingling my arms and legs on 3 different occasions and I dont' like it.

So that's why I haven't posting much or at all.

So back to Trace Adkins. I loved his show so much I am contemplating going to see him again on September 23rd. This time I will get better seats if I do. I am bummed that I missed out on seeing Blake Shelton. I only found out the day of that he was playing near Seattle and I didn't have the time to make childcare arrangements for Aaron and to make the drive from Metro Vancouver to Seattle. Ugh. I would love to see him. i just love his music too. My favourite song by far is Hill Billy Bone with Trace Adkins. Aaron loves this song and he used to call it the Yee Ha song.

I was able to get that close to Trace to snap this pic. Unfortunately, I was not very familiar with my friend's camera and didn't get a better shot.
Trace Adkins zoomed in from our seats.

2 comments:

SFD said...

It is good to see you posting again. I hope you're feeling better.

S.I.F. said...

You know how I feel about music, and especially live music! So good for the soul! I'm glad you're finding something to seek solice in!