Friday, April 10, 2009

Seriously Annoyed

I am in Vancouver for the weekend for Aaron's birthday party. While here I thought I would take advantage of the fact that I have many willing people to watch Aaron and I thought I'd get my hair cut as I haven't been able to find a good stylist I like on the Island. So I made an appointment and ask a girlfriend 4 days ago to watch him at the mall while I got my hair cut. She agreed. Lets call her Sarah. Sarah just loves Aaron to bits and always wants to see him when were over. She was quite excited to push him around the mall for an hour and play with him while I got my hair cut.

At 12:50am this morning I get a text message saying she can't watch him as she has an job interview! WTF? It's a Good Friday (A stat holiday here in Canada) Who has a job interview on a stat? I called her and she said "remember that job I told you about?" Um no I don't. She said she go an email for it with no phone contact and she tried to re-arrange it but they never got back to her. I am a mother which means I have to arrange child care in advance. I may like to fly by the seat of my pants and be spontaneous but NOT WITH CHILD CARE! I plan these things very carefully. Needless to say I am annoyed to shit. Thankfully, an old neighbour agreed to watch him for an hour while I get my hair cut. Which is great but not for Aaron as he doesn't know her and he will freak out the entire time. My dad is working which is why he can't watch Aaronm and most of my childless friends are probably sleeping off hangovers being a stat. This just reinforces that you can't rely on anybody but yourself. This is why i keep an anonymous blog. So I can vent about such things! BAH!

No comments: