Thursday, April 23, 2009

Where have I been?

I've been here, life has just gotten in the way. I've been busy, busy, busy. I have my final exam on Saturday for my MT course. I am much less freaked out about it than I was my midterm as I got 81% ON it not too bad seeing how I 'crammed' a few days prior to it. And of course I am following suit to that this time around today. I need to haul ass as I need a minimum of 75% to get into the program I plan on enrolling in for this September. Speaking of which, I went to an info session for it abnd I have hope that I will get in. I need to increase my typing speed to 50 net WPM; which it is no where near! I have no idea what my WPM is. I am going to be enrolling in a keyboarding course very soon.

We had Aaron's birthday party over Easter weekend which was a success! That damn dinosaur cake will be the death of me! I don't know what posessed me to do something so invloved? Aaron isn't even at the age where he is asking me for a theme cake/party. I am setting the bar high for myself... Next year the cake will be on a much smaller scale. By then I hope to have banged off some cake decorating courses that I need to find time for.

Last week i got a lot of gym time in. I am proud of myself. If I want to see results I need to get on it. I went to the gym 3 days in row, did a Bikrams Yoga class (that is endurance training OMG) and a 10K walk around a lake. This was int he course of 5 days. I haven't had time to dedicate to working out this week with the studying. But I managed to get a jog/walk in with the jogging stroller. I have been adhearing to a good meal plan. and I have lost 3 lbs. Not much, but i am starting to notice a difference.

I've been trying different recipes and i found a raw vegan carrot soup recipe and OMG is it good! I halfed it as I only made it for myself, omitted the cummin as I didn't have any and subsituted lime for lemon as that's all I had. When i first tasted it, it left me wanting more and I realized that I forgot salt and pepper. Did the salt ever make a difference! That's what it needed. The pepper not so much as as there is cayenne pepper in it. It left me wanting more and hungry! It was so good I wanted to scrape down the side of the blender with a spatula! I still can't bring myself to rinse the blender out. I'll be making this again very soon. I have been making a few different vegan soups. I am not vegan, but I love the food none the less. Vegan food is so healthy and tasty. Which is good for my healthier life style. I lik this Potato and Leak soup recipe that I found on Emily's blog

I can't wait to try more recipes on http://goneraw.com

No comments: