Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dashed Dreams

So I’ve effectively ruined my chances of ever being a barista at Starbucks. (In my teen years this was a goal. Why on earth I don’t know. I went and got my nose pierced. Starbucks doesn’t allow its employees to have facial piercings. (Interesting no?)

Why would I do this in my late 20’s? I’ve been thinking about it for awhile and I’ve been talking about it for months. So I went and did it. Finally, somewhat on a whim. I didn’t have an appointment, I was downtown with Aaron and I had two goals in mind. To buy a pair of jeans and to get my nose pierced. I strolled into the piercing/tattoo parlor 10 minutes before closing and stated my intentions. Ten minutes later I left with an additional hole in my head and felt very dizzy.

(There is a lesson to be learned here. If you’re going to go get a hole willingly added to your body don’t do so on an empty stomach.)

The plan was to buy jeans, get pierced go home and whip up dinner for Aaron and I. What ended up happening was I got my nose pierced (I’m not going to lie it hurt) paid, proceeded to the diaper bag and popped the top of Aaron’s sippy cup and drank his diluted apple juice. I think the fear of the pain; the rush of adrenaline and an empty stomach all were contributing factors. The piercer let me leave after I assured him repeatedly I’d be fine and that I was going to eat ASAP. I then booked it to Subway and proceeded to guzzle half a bottle of orange juice before I had even paid for my sandwich.

After the orange juice I felt much better. I got us to the car and at my sandwich before I drove. I’ve now had the piercing for nearly 2 weeks and I quite like it. For those who are interested I got a plain diamond stud in my nostril.

What I thought would be bug me about it seemingly hasn’t. I thought that having my sinitis/rhinitis and always blowing my nose would bug me the most. Surprisingly it doesn’t. It’s the feeling that I have to constantly pick my nose.

2 comments:

S.I.F. said...

Pictures please... And I love nose piercings!!

Siera said...

I guess I'll have to take some lower face pics as I don't post my pics on here.