Friday, October 1, 2010

Random

I‘ve started my quest for that dress. The dress that I will face my fears and past in. In 2 weeks time I will be mingling at my high school reunion and I need to feel good in my own skin. A preliminary shopping trip turned up nada. Maybe I should’ve started the quest for the little black dress a little sooner. I do have one sexy little black number but it rides up too much to be considered appropriate for a reunion.

I’ve taken a bit of a back burner the last few days. I’ve had a friend staying with me and I got knocked out for a few days with a sinus/head cold and lack of sleep. Aaron’s damn molars are nearly through! Only 2 more left and teething is over.

To commemorate the first day of October we decided to go to the beach . We’ve had some very beautiful weather the last few days and today. We had a great time and Aaron went wading. It was great day.

I can’t believe how much he’s learned language wise. He’s developed a sense of empathy. He string 2 words together a lot. In the last week, he’s used “It’s okay” in the right context on two separate occasions. The first time we were picking the cat up from a friend’s who had been cat sitting for and she was crying in her carrier. He said “it’s okay” trying to soothe her. Another time we were somewhere with little babies around (playgroup perhaps?) and there was a baby crying in it’s car seat and he said “It’s okay” to the baby. It almost brings tears to my eyes how much my little man is growing. He is 2.5 years old today. I can’t believe where the time has gone!


2 comments:

S.I.F. said...

Oh you are brave! My reunion is next year, and as of now; I have absolutely 0 interest in going!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos...