Thursday, February 24, 2011

On Goings

An update is needed. I just don’t have it in me at the moment to blog. I’ve been busy. Between school and interviewing service providers for Aaron I am lucky to get good nights sleep, which I normally do not get. I am lucky if I get to watch Grey’s Anatomy within 24 hours of its airing. If I do, I am getting in my ME time.

Eric and I chose a service provider for Eric’s therapy. Having an autism diagnosis enters in a whole new kettle of fish. I wasn’t just going to go with anyone. In British Columbia, once your child is diagnosed you apply for funding for therapy, get approved and find a provider.

I have heard that it’s best to find one that offers all services under their belt and other parents have said hire individually as you get more bang for your buck. At this point, I just want to get therapy implemented and if I feel that Aaron’s needs aren’t being met we will reevaluate things.

I still have yet to connect with other parents in the area walking this walk. It’s most frustrating… but most people volunteer with these organizations.

I am sitting at B right now in Bio. Not too shabby considering I haven’t been applying myself as much as I’d like to with all this stuff with Aaron my mind is elsewhere. And I’ve had a cold I haven’t been able to get over; Eric and I are having issues – which contribute to my not sleeping. Some of my friends have some major life issues going on that need my support, so not too shabby. I wish things weren’t so with my friends and wish I could help but sometimes all I can do is listen.

I did manage to watch Grey’s Anatomy tonight. I was thinking of a post that SIF did the other day about infertility in TV land and the unrealisms (I just made this up) of it is pissing me off. By no means, am I an IF expert but I have an avid interest in it and have been reading blogs for years, and was almost an egg donor so I think I know a few things.

Last week Meredith was getting a shot in the ass as part of her fertility treatment… Which I know is protocol in some IF cases BUT to my limited knowledge a shot in the ass is for an HCG shot to trigger the eggs just before they’re collected and when a woman is injecting progesterone to sustain a pregnancy. If eggs are being produced en masse for an IVF cycle I believe the fertility drugs are injected in the stomach.

In tonight’s episode, Meredith’s vision is effected because of the fertility drugs… A dr. told her to stop taking them, and she said “But I only have 2 pills left in this cycle.” So what is it? Injections or pills? I wish the writers over at Grey’s Anatomy could do their homework a little better. What are they paying these researchers for?

This is what’s been on my mind. In my sleeplessness and stress I’ve got a few good pimples that need my attention before I hit the hay as I am flying solo with Aaron for the next 2 weeks so I need all the sleep I can get.

1 comment:

S.I.F. said...

I TOTALLY thought of you when they mentioned the pills! Ha!