Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nucking Futs

I forgot Aaron’s lunch today. I realized this halfway to his daycare and there wasn’t time to go home to get it. It was a rushed morning on the heals of a holiday weekend.

My first thought was I’d get him something at McDonald’s and then scolded myself. I was in a rush, he hadn’t had breakfast and there was a Tim Horton’s on the way.

Timmy’s it was. I was proud of myself for choosing a healthier option. I got him a bagel, fruit explosion muffin and 3 Timbits. It would have to do until I could get back there with his lunch. I had class and couldn’t be late.

When I came back a couple of hours later with his lunch a worker pulled me aside.

She gently chastised me for bringing Tim Horton’s into the center. His daycare is a nut free zone, and Tim Horton’s has nut products. I broke the cardinal rule of daycare. No Nuts.

Nukin Futs! I cursed silently.

I consoled myself with the fact that is was 5 O’clock somewhere and that I had 2 bottles of my favourite wine from a recent cross border trip.

No comments: