Saturday, June 27, 2009

Somethings Gotta Give

It's 3.59am right now I am trying to break aaron of his new found habit of screaming/screeching at the top of his lungs like he is being tortured. I am not going to be one for grammar tonight. I don't liek the whole cry-it-out thing. I am going in every few minutes to reassure Aaron that everything is okay. Who needs sleep? Apparently I don't. Last night I was up till 3am with gaterointestinal (GI) issues.

4.02am - go into reassure the boy everything is okay. I don't know if this a good thing or a bad thing as it seems to set him off when he see's me?

Something has gotta give. ever since our trip to the ER he has learned that him screaming bloody murder yields results. I have ensured his needs are met with regards to pain, hunger, temperature, diapers, comfort etc.

He usually will wake up 1-3 X per night, I will nurse him when he has had his fill he will pull off the boob, I lay him down in his crib and he rolls over and falls alseep. (Such a man he is!)

4.07am - screaming has stopped.

- Cat wants in. The little minx has taken the darting out the door in the evenings around 9 or 10. She did so when I came home. I wonder whee she goes and parties at till the wee hours? Her punishment: No treats right now. Cats new routine is to come in at 3-4 in the am when I am dealing with Aaron. These two are putting their heads together and plotting on how to drive me to an early grave.

For the last I don't know how many nights he has the little freakoput from 3-4am.

4.12 - all is quiet. Going back to bed

*Update*

FAIL
on my part. Went to open the boy's door as I can't sleep unless I can hear him if he cries and he wasn't asleep he was murmuring to himself. He settled more quickly... went to open door again wasn't out yet. I took him to bed so he wouldn't keep Eric up as you can hear everything in this house. he moves around to much wouldn't cuddle to sleep i move him to hi sside of the bed (Eric was in a different bed by this point) tantrum ensues. Back to his crib. I don't thik the tantrum lasted long.

Ugh.

I want this kid not having tantrums in the middle of the night. It's messing with us as a family. Eric is too tired to even go to a family event we had planned on attending together. He let me sleep in, he gets to nap this afternoon. Being a parent is fun.

Can anyone reccomend any books? I went to the book store yesterday and I am going to see if I can find the same ones at the library. If not, I'll dole out the money for them.

Next week we have a meeting to get some tips with the Triple P Parenting technique.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I wish I knew what to tell you. We are going through the same thing x2. It is horrible and I am hoping it is a phase. We tried the whole cry it out thing. It didn't work for us. Emory cries and screams until he physically makes himself sick. I can't do that. Dean gets upset and bangs his head on whatever is close. That can't happen either. So we don't cry it out. Parenting is hard and right now I feel like the biggest failure ever. I doubt my comment has helped much but know that you are NOT alone!!! :)

Siera said...

THANKS!!! Being a mother is the best and the hardest thing I have ever done in the same breath. I have one strong willed little boy. It's really hard to tell the difference between a tantrum cry and a pain cry. I feel like a failure for that. Too bad they don't come with manuals. TEETHING SUCKS the life out of you.

You could have it X 3... My girlfriend did the CIO with her triplets. She didn't think twice but thats her.

Have you heard of a book called the No Cry Sleep Solution? I am going to read as soon as I get a chance.