Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I present to you "Steggy"

This is the trial run I did of the cake I want to make for Aaron's 1st Birthday. This is the first time that I have ever attempted to bake anything this involved. Overall it I would say it is a success but a sloppy success. Next time I will do a few things differently. 1) I'll use a bigger surface for making the cake so it doesn't have to be on an angle and there will be more room between the tail on the body (I couldn't pipe stars on the inside of the tail); 2) I will curve the tail more and have the legs farther a part (get your head out of the gutter) piping the frosting on in such close quarters was cramped; 3) I'll use smaller tip I find the piping of the stars to be quite sloppy; 4) I'll make the eyes bigger and use black instead of blue and make sure they stick out more they're kind of sunken it and make the nostrils black too. It doesn't look anything like this cake which was my inspiration but I plan on trying again before his party.

No comments: