Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Regression

I am a tad concerned about Aaron's development. He babbles all the time, he says mama and Dada. He has since he was about 8.5 months old. I don't know if he has any association yet. He knows his name, he has since he was 4 or 5 months old. If you said his name while he was playing on the floor he would turn around and look at you.

I know all babies develop at different levels and I'm not comparing him to anyone. He just seems to have regressed in the last week. For the longest time if I said said "yay" in a fun tone he would stop and clap his hands as we taught him this. Now he doesn't do this. Last week he learned how to wave. I've been trying to teach now him this for sometime. He waved to a stranger on the bus by folding his hand in half. I was so proud. When we met up with my friend and her daughter for lunch he waved at her. He waved at Daddy when we got home. Now he doesn't wave and he doesn't clap. The night that I showed Eric how he waved he got a little confused and and half clapped/waved. it was so cute. But now he won't do either. I don't know if he is bored of this as it isn't fun or he forgot. We have his 12 month check-up at the doctor's next week and I'll bring it up. I think I'll call the public health nurse to see if this is normal.

No comments: