Monday, August 9, 2010

Random

I went to see another psychologist yesterday. This time to get help with my general anxiety order. I still want to donate my eggs, so I am not procrastinating on this one. I wish I had. This psychologist was a waste of my time.


He pretty much didn't tell me anything that I didn’t' know about anxiety, and didn't give me any tools to change my thinking pattern. Which is what cognitive behavior therapy is! He told me to go back on anti depressants and he would work with me then! WTF? I was beyond pissed when I left. I told him three times I don't want to go on anti-depressants. He didn’t' lsiten.


When I was seeing a counselor this past spring she told me I needed to do something to treat my depression. She said what she said see a naturopath or go back on antidepressants, but she didn't tell me what to do. We talked about options and she gave me tools to work with my anger. This ass hat pretty much didn't do much but reiterate my problems back at me.


I am going to call the psychologist I saw when I had my evaluation for egg donation and see if he can recommend a psychologist to me. He was all for cognitive behavior therapy.


I even went and purchased Mind Over Mood. I brought this up and ass hat wouldn't give it a second thought.


I wasted a morning ushering Aaron out the door, walking to a friends dropping him off, and taking a bus to my appointment. Busing back to said friends, picking up Aaron and walking home.


------

I was having a hypothetical conversation with a friend the other day, and I am curious what other people’s thoughts were. If your man was cheating on you and you found out throught snooping through his email what would you do? I posted a discussion up over on My Community on Blogfrog. Feel free to head on over to jump on it.

As a disclaimer, no I do not suspect Eric is cheating on me it wa sa discussion with a friend.

1 comment:

S.I.F. said...

I hate hate hate when psychologists jump straight to medication! Especially when the patient is open to (and wanting to) explore other options first. There really are so many other ways to treat this besides medication (and I say this as a girl who was all kinds of meded up for 10 years of her life - so I really do get it, I swear!)

Good luck lady! I really hope you can find someone to listen to you!