Tuesday, August 31, 2010


The last 24 hours or so with Aaron have been the hardest that I've had in recent memory. I got 4 hours of sleep last night. Yesterday he got some sort of virus and was running a fever. It was 39.5 C at it's highest. I did take him to the walk-in clinic he figured it was viral. He was himself alternating with being extra whiny and fussy and he had a fever all day despite the Advil and Tylenol I alternated. Then he vomited at 6:30 promptly after we got home. That threw me into worry mode. He hadn't drank much at all and I was worried about dehydration. I didn't want a repeat of the last time.

He crashed at 730 or 8 and I thought he was down for the night. Which was so not the case. He woke up at midnight and didn't get back to sleep until 4am! Yes my toddler was awake 4 hours in the middle of the night, and he only slept till 8am. Mama got less than 4 hours of sleep. (Had we been at home, I would've closed the door to his room and put some toys in his crib and let him play by himself after all his needs were met.)

Today was hard, he was ornery, refused to nap and had many meltdowns. By 230pm I was done. I couldn't wait for my dad to get home from work. I thought a nap was in sight... but alas no it would not be. My dad, God love him, can't keep Aaron quiet (he offered me a nap) leaves doors open so I can hear him and can't keep him from going up the stairs to open the door to my room.

To say that I was frustrated today would be putting it mildly. I think we will be going back home soon, as much as I like being over here, we need to go home. I will be starting a math course in 2 weeks time (GOD HELP ME) and need to get us on a routine.

Since Aaron refused to nap, we decided to take him to an indoor climbing place. The first place we tried closed at 6pm and wanted to only give us a 10% discount for half an hour of play. I didn't think so. We ended up going to another place. Poor Aaron was sobbing his eyes out when he realized he wouldn't be playing there I felt terrible, like I was teasing him but we were on our way to another play place, he just didn't understand that. Thank GOD for indoor play places they're a dime a dozen over here unlike the one pitiful one we have in Victoria. The weather turned to shit over night and fall has made her appearance.

So our day ended on a high note with a fun time playing with Aaron, and a an excellent supper inspired by Shannon.

Today is day I hope not to repeat anytime soon.


S.I.F. said...

Poor guy! And poor mommy! I'm glad he's feeling better, but what a bummer!

SciFi Dad said...

Sounds like a rough day. I hope he's feeling better today.

Our area is apparently the next big thing with the indoor playgrounds... we used to have a couple, but they're springing up everywhere now. We actually bought a year's pass for a place that opened within walking distance (even in the snow) from our house.

Siera said...

Victoria has one! And it sucks. We used to have a bigger one, but it was shut down as a parent broke their arm climbing with kids and sued them. So some Asshat had to ruin for everyone else. There are 3 within a 10 min drive of my dad's but this is Vancouver for you.